Model Success Guide
The only book you need to own when starting out in the Model Industry.
Hardcopy only $29.95 or Ebook $19.95
Thankyou to our amazing cover model Stephanie Coutts from Brisbane.
Have you asked yourself the following?
- Do I have what it takes to be a model?
- What types of modelling are there and where do I fit in?
- Do I have to be tall and skinny to model?
- How does being signed by an agency work?
- How do I start my portfolio and do I need comp cards?
- Where do I learn posing and how to work on a photo shoot?
- How do models handle not being selected for a job?
- How do I look after my skin, hair and nails for modelling?
- What do I need to know about my health and fitness?
- What are the safety issues with modelling?
We've covered all this and more in the Model Success Guide!
What’s covered in the book?
- What is professional modelling?
- Why choose to be a model?
- Types of modeling
- What you need to begin modelling
- Other careers in the fashion industry
- A brief snapshot of the history of modeling
Accessing your full potential
- Know yourself
- Know your goals
- Know those that you associate with
- Know your body and how to care for it
- Inner qualities and tools of success
- Attracting success
- Persistence and handling rejection
- Your first modelling assignment
- Posing tips
- Make up secrets
- Skin Health
- Eating disorders – are you at risk?
- Model Agencies
- Freelance modelling
- Model Portfolio
- Comp Cards
- Model Kit
- Travel Tips
Keeping your career on track
- Business skills
- Modelling job records
- Expenses/income records
- Model industry contacts
- Keeping your portfolio and model kit up to date
- Maintaining your health and focus
We designed the book so it’s easy to use and practical. The binding is wire rather than glued pages as it has areas for you to write in and we want your book in great shape for years to come! It's also A5 size so will fit in your handbag, school or modeling bag so you can take it with you wherever you go.
Get a behind the scenes looks at the industry from a model first hand, with personal stories, hints and tips throughout the book so you get the modelling know-how fast!
Authors of the Model Success Guide
Joanna Sherwell is a qualified youth coach and educator who from the age of 15 worked throughout Australia as a photographic and runway model before beginning intensive study in human behavior. Through her dealings with industry profressionals and other models she identified a need for more sccess and health consciousness in the entertainment industry.
In the Model Success Guide, Joanna provides a thorough exploration of model industry practice, freelance and agency work, posing and beauty techniques, health and fitness, how to have a professional attitude, finance and time management, as well as focusing on how to use modelling as a stepping stone to other goals and dreams. She is passionate about seeing young women succeed in creative endeavors and is certain that this guide, when used with commitment and passion, will fast track you, your daughter, or your student model's success in modelling.
Co-author of the Model Success Guide, Kon Iatrou, is the director and principal photographer of the well respected photography studio, ikon images in Melbourne Australia. An accredited Professional Photographer with the Australian Institute of Professional Photographers (AIPP), Kon has been behind the camera creating beautiful images of people of all ages since 1991.
Who usually buys the Model Success Guide?
• Women and men aged 14 to 28 who'd like to be a model but are not sure where to start or what’s involved.
• Parents who want to make sure their child has the right mindset and resources to remain healthy and focused while getting started in modelling, and to know how to best support them through this.
• Schools that need a modelling resource for their students which cuts through the BS and says it how it really is!
How much is it and how do I order a copy?
The book is available in hard copy or ebook format and can be purchased via Paypal or bank transfer. Just click the Paypal link here or email us for bank details!
- Hard Copy A5 bound book $29.95 Postage $4.95
- Downloadable Ebook $19.95
Do you have a question about the Model Success Guide or wish to order multiple copies? Contact us.